Baby on Board!

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Two Months Old!

Hi Family and Friends!

I'm two months old today! It's time for another fun update on everything I've been doing now that I'm two months old. It's been a busy month for me - mommy and daddy had every weekend in October planned! I attended my first IU tailgate, I got to meet my great-grandma Ann, great-aunt Sharon, and cousin Sarah, and this weekend I'm taking my first official road trip to Chicago! Mommy and daddy have a wedding so Aunt Laura, Uncle John, Aidan and Sydney are going to babysit me! I'm excited to see them - I know we will have so much fun!

I get cuter every day. At least that's what mommy and daddy tell me. I am getting really good at sleeping through the night. There are still some nights where I wake up too early, but my parents do a good job of putting me back to sleep. I still eat every three hours. My mommy feeds me throughout the day and then my daddy gives me a bottle around 10pm. That's one of my most favorite parts of my day. He makes me laugh as you can see in this picture.

Here are some other fun facts about me:
  • I like to open and close my hands. I'm learning how they work.
  • I like to grip the fingers of whomever is holding me. They say I have a strong grip.
  • I like to track people and objects with my eyes - I can follow voices when someone is talking to me.
  • I like bath time now. At first, I wasn't too sure - but I like when mommy and daddy pour warm water over me and have a warm towel waiting for me when I'm done.
  • I am starting to make cute noises. Right now, it's a cross between a yelp and a coo. It makes mommy and daddy laugh.
  • I'm starting to smile - although I'll let you in on a little secret - I haven't showed mommy and daddy my smile yet. I smiled at papaw and smiled with my great-grandma, but mommy and daddy didn't see it. I'm secretly waiting for just the perfect time to show them how cute I am.
  • I have dimples! And when I "smile" you can see them even more!
I go for my two month check-up next week on Halloween. I have to get shots. Some of my friends tell me not to be scared. They said my mommy and daddy will be right there holding me and making me feel better. I will also get weighed again. According to the scale at home, I weigh 7 lbs. on the dot! Mommy calls me her little man, but one day I'm going to grow up to be tall and strong.

Thanks to everyone for always making me feel so special. I know I'm one loved boy!






1 comment: