Baby on Board!

Monday, February 3, 2014

18 Weeks with Baby #2!

 
18 Weeks!
We are just days away from finding out the sex of Baby #2!!!We are so, so excited and can't wait to see baby on the ultrasound tomorrow (even though we're waiting to find out the gender on Sunday with our families). We haven't seen the baby since he/she was seven weeks old so it'll be awesome to see baby fully formed, with bones, and squirming around!
How Far Along: 18 1/2 weeks!

Size: Head to rump, baby is about 5 1/2 inches long, and he weighs almost 7 ounces - about the size of a bell pepper!

Development: Baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now too. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. He's busy flexing his arms and legs and might be able to feel him move now.

How I'm Feeling: Overall, I'm doing really well! I've come to terms that I will probably be lacking energy for the remainder of the pregnancy, which I'm sure is common if you're already taking care of a toddler! Another not-so-fun symptom that has reared its ugly head is pregnancy induced insomnia. I had this so bad with Ethan and was prescribed a sleep aid for relief. It's not only having trouble falling asleep, but will be up for hours at a time in the middle of the night. My awake stretches usually last four hours or so. It's brutal. I called Dr. Stowell's office this past week and they asked for me to try Unisom to see if that helps. I'm hoping that gives just enough to relief to feel well-rested in the morning! I officially felt the baby move at 17 weeks! And baby has sure been active since! I really only remember feeling Ethan at night when I went to bed. I feel this baby constantly throughout the day which is so cool. Such a great feeling!


Cravings/Aversions: Nothing new to report here...no major cravings/aversions as of late.

Boy or Girl: We find out on Sunday!!! We're having our families over and doing a gender reveal cake to see if Baby #2 is a boy or girl!! We are going into it thinking it's a girl...!

No comments:

Post a Comment