Baby on Board!

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Ethan's New Cousin - {Kaleb Joseph}


Kaleb Joseph Smith
To say this past weekend was a whirlwind is a complete understatement!! Let's start with Saturday morning. Ethan and I had plans to head to Indianapolis for Kristen's "sprinkle" shower - we were going to have pedicures and lunch with a couple of our girlfriends. I get a call about 8:00am from Jeffrey that said the sprinkle is cancelled because Kristen might be in labor. We went ahead and proceeded to drive up knowing deep down she was probably going to have a baby later that day. I get a text message from Kristen as we're driving that says she had a baby this morning. Haha, it was so blunt coming from her that I seriously did not believe her. She calls me right then and proceeds to tell me how the morning transpired and I still don't believe her - she's like, "Jamie, I had a baby boy this morning. 8 lbs. 9 oz...can't you hear him crying in the back? I had to call you because I knew you wouldn't believe me."
After Jeffrey called me Saturday morning, they headed straight to the hospital and basically made it with 8 minutes to spare!! She was fully dilated, gave 3-4 pushes, and they welcomed sweet baby Kaleb into the world!

Kristen and I had been talking for weeks about what we "thought" would happen - all of our family in the waiting room, Jayden would walk out with something telling us if it was a boy or girl, etc. We thought we had it all planned out. Ha! The only thing I was right about was it being a boy! Every niece/nephew is so special and I'm thrilled that Eric and I are the proud aunt/uncle of EIGHT little munchkins! And to think we're adding three more in the next couple months!


Amidst all the baby chaos, Jeffrey and Kristen were scheduled to move Saturday afternoon. Thankfully, with the help of family and friends, we were able to get the rest of their old house packed up and get everything successfully moved into the new house (with the help of movers). We keep laughing because NO ONE knew what they were getting themselves into when we were driving up to Indy. It was such a big undertaking, but we were SO happy we lived close enough to help. That's what family is all about. We spent the next couple days trying to get the house 'liveable' for when Kristen and baby Kaleb came home. One thing is for sure, Kaleb's birth story will be one we will never forget! I'm sure I could write pages upon pages about everything that happened the last couple days, but all that sticks out is the beautiful new baby that entered our family. We all say it, but we feel so blessed and so lucky to have such an amazing family that keeps growing and growing. I can't wait to head up to Indy soon and love on baby Kaleb again =)
First Cousin Picture! 
Not sure what to think of his new cousin!
Just playing in Aunt Kristen's hospital bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment